Search Feature

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jalapeno Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Brats on the fire

One more campfire meal!
I wanted to add some zing to these brats so I split them down the middle and added slivers of jalapeno peppers... then wrapped them in bacon.







Caramelized some onion slices in butter, then threw a marinated pork loin on the fire...







Added some twangy kraut to the caramelized onions....




Started grilling my bacon wrapped brats.....













Then I toasted some buns.....





Topped the jalapeno stuffed, bacon wrapped brat with the kraut and caramelized onions...then added a ribbon of spicy brown mustard.....


It was sooooo tasty. lol I didn't take pics of the loin, I was too intent on tasting the brat!



12 comments:

Rocco said...

so do you make your kraut your self or is it store bought?
home made is so much better!

Chris said...

With all of the cooking you do while camping, I'm trying to imagine the logistics of your food supplies. You must have a full sized caravan following :)

Anonymous said...

Your brats look "super fantastic" but inquiring minds want to know what the sap marinated the loin in :)

cowgirl said...

Hi Rocco!
When I have enough cabbage, I make my own. I agree with you, it's so much better than store bought!

cowgirl said...

lol Chris, it's really easy.
I figure out my meals before I leave home, then take only the items I will need.
I do throw in bread and sandwich meat for an easy lunch or times when I do not feel like cooking.
Also take the usual campfire stuff...dogs, marshmallows, etc.

I don't always cook what I have planned but have never gone hungry. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Mr S! I didn't marinate the loin, it was one of those store bought pre marinaded ones.
I didn't taste it, but the others said they liked it.
I was in lala land with my brat and beer. lol
Thank you!

'Mater Biscuit said...

Bacon wrapped brat, stuffed with jalapeno, cooked over fire. With a beer. Pure gastronomic genius.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Those brats are looking pretty good Jeanie. Definately something I will be cooking up in the near future.

cowgirl said...

lol Mater, thanks! :)
They all seemed to go together at the time. :)

cowgirl said...

Hi Mark! I bet you and Traction could fix some over the fire at your land sometime. :)
Your place is looking awesome. Nice work Mark!!

Thanks too. :)

dracothehound said...

That looks so good but it all is good when cooked out doors

cowgirl said...

lol Dave I agree, it all tastes so much better cooked out doors! :)
Good to see ya and Thanks!