Search Feature

Monday, August 25, 2008

Smoked Beef on Onion Bread

I mixed up some Dale's marinade, Q sauce, spicy brown mustard, pepper and beer.



I let the beef sit in this mixture for about 3 hours...


Made a loaf of onion bread and threw them onto the smoker with a bit of hickory..





After 4 hours of smoke, I foiled the beef with some beef broth. then continued to smoke for another 2 hours, until tender...


I split the loaf of bread open and started building the sandwich....


Added bacon....


Provolone cheese, onions and lettuce. Also topped the lid with some creamy horseradish sauce...













It was very tasty! :)

I will post the onion bread recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some mouth watering goodness once again cowgirl! Never mind the talent, where do you find the time?

cowgirl said...

Thank you anonymous! I do seem to keep busy around here. lol

Anonymous said...

LOL Jeanie! I think I count 12 pieces of bacon on that sandwhich! Do you always cook for a crowd, or do you just have the most envieable metabolisim in the world?! This looks incredable, but I would definatly need help eating it.

Dave~

cowgirl said...

lol Dave! There is no way I could eat one of these sandwiches by myself. I have to have help! :)
They are handy to take fishing or camping with friends.. I wrap one and keep it in the ice chest. Everyone can slice off what they want. Works great when made with french bread too.

Hope you have a great weekend Dave. Thanks!! :)