Search Feature

Friday, April 3, 2009

Smoked Fried Potato Chips

I like to make these potato chips in the house using raw sliced potatoes, but wanted to see what they would taste like using smoked potatoes...

I smoked the potatoes with a bit of mesquite for about an hour..until they were almost cooked but still a bit firm.




I made my beer batter..

1 cup of flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1 beer... or enough beer to make a nice batter

I rolled the sliced potatoes in flour before dipping in the batter...



Fried until golden...


Sprinkled with salt.
Dry rubs are also a good addition... use what you like.


They were nice and crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle...




Overall I liked them...but the smokey flavor didn't come through very strong.
They were tasty though! :)







2 comments:

Ken said...

Everything you prepare has so much....pizazz! You go girl!

cowgirl said...

lol Ken, Thank you!!
I hadn't though about putting pizazz into my cooking. Thanks for the compliment. :)