Search Feature

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Campfire Bread

While camping I made some beer bread in my dutch oven.


I used a pan in the bottom of the oven and lined the sides with foil for really easy clean up. Then I oiled the foil and pan...


Spread my batter...
There are a lot of beer bread recipes out there. I use this one.
3 cups of self rising flour
1 beer
1/4 cup of sugar and a little bit of salt.



Since I forgot my lid.....I had to make do with what I had on hand....I covered the oven with foil and set it in the hot coals.



I placed another pan on top with some hot coals...



I had some spare ribs slow smoking earlier.... so I placed the cooking grate over the bread pan and put my ribs back on along with a pouch of broccoli...



I used a make shift foil cover to keep some of the heat in. Had to use an oven rack to keep the wind from blowing everything around.


The bread came out perfect...


The ribs and broccoli also tasted good. :)


And the next morning, I made french toast with the leftover bread....
I love campfire food...:)





No comments: