Search Feature

Friday, April 3, 2009

Sliders on the Drum

I love sliders and decided to try a batch on the drum smoker.
When I make these in the house, I brown the meat and spoon it onto a bun instead of forming patties.

I mixed
1 1/2lbs of burger
1 pkg of dry onion soup mix
about 1/3 cup of ketsup
1 egg
some worcestershire sauce
and
1/8 cup of water

(use your favorite burger recipe)

Formed into patties and wrapped some in bacon, then sprinkled with black pepper..



I placed them around the outside of the drum...the drum cooks hotter in the center and I didn't want them to cook too fast.... (also added potatoes for fried chips)


They smoked with a bit of mesquite and were ready in about 1 hour...


I use hawaiian rolls for sliders, they are my favorite...



I split the rolls open add a burger top with cheese and press them with the palm of my hand to flatten...


Wrapped in foil and back onto the cooker for 15 minutes....
This warms them through and melts the cheese just right.


Plate full of sliders...



I can only eat 2 or three (if I skip the tatos)



They were really tasty!



6 comments:

Ken said...

Jeani, those look awesome, I've been wanting to do some of those for a while.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Jeannie, you're making me fat. I know I have to try these babies.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ken!
They were pretty tasty little burgers. :)

cowgirl said...

Mark... I hope you give them a try sometime. The little Hawaiian rolls really add a lot..they are kind of sweet. :)

Hope you are keeping warm up there, I saw the pictures of snow on your blog. Brrrrr.... :)

take care!

dracothehound said...

yes they look good and just have to like the weather its 14 today and sun is out have the bbq going have a roast on lolol

Dave

cowgirl said...

Dave, that sounds mighty cold! Do you ever have spring and summer up there? :)

Roast sounds great!!