Search Feature

Friday, March 6, 2009

Hickory Smoked Onion Rings

This was my supper last night...
I sliced an onion and smoked it in my drum....with a bit of hickory.


I smoked pretty heavy for a short period of time (about 20 minutes)...didn't want to cook the onions. After they had a some color and were starting to get translucent, I placed them in a baggie and let them chill in the fridge.



Made my beer batter using
1 cup of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

then added enough beer to make a pancake like batter...






I dipped the rings into flour, then into the batter before frying...



Made a spicy dipping sauce using ketsup, minced chipotles in adobo and minced onion....


They were pretty tasty...



2 comments:

dracothehound said...

They look so good how did they taste
just need a moose bugger and ooooo
so good

Dave

cowgirl said...

Thanks Dave!
They were pretty tasty. :)
I've never tried a moose burger, but I bet it would be awesome!