Search Feature

Friday, October 10, 2008

Dove Sausage and Morel Stuffed Canadian Bacon

I have made venison stuffed canadian bacon in the past and love it, but wanted to try this again using some dove sausage. It turned out great. :)


I remove all fat from the pork loin,

Butterfly the loin to lay flat..



Sprinkle the cure on both sides then pick the loin up and shake off any excess....
1 TBS Tenderquick mixed with 1 tsp sugar PER pound of meat....


Wrap and let cure in fridge for 3 days...


After curing, let the loin soak in cool water for at least 2 hours to remove some of the cure.


I rehydrate some morel mushrooms...



Brown some dove sausage and let it cool....


Top the cured bacon with the dove sausage, morels and some leeks....


I like cracked black pepper on top....


Into the smoker with a bit of hickory....








The dove sausage and morel stuffed canadian bacon was wonderful, I will be making this again. :)







2 comments:

Mike said...

That looks great - I'd love to try it. No doves, though. We do, however, have a bunch of dried morels looking for a good use. I hadn't thought of using them for sausage, but now I am...

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mike! :)
I did another canadian bacon awhile back and used the morels with some venison sausage...it turned out great too.

Good luck with your morels. :)