Search Feature

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I did it! :)

I went fishing!
Grabbed a shovel, filled an old rusty coffee can up with earth worms and went fishing... :)
Met up with a couple of friends that were already out there.

I made it to the water in time to watch the moon coming up over the horizon...





and the sun setting behind me...




It was a beautiful night, the moon was amazing... :)



Sitting in between my friends who were catching fish as fast as they could bait their hooks,
I became distracted by the lightning bugs, my can of worms and the moon.














Then I caught Nemo...







and I caught a stick.....
Guesses were made as to how many sticks I would need to catch to cook all of the fish the others were bringing in. :)






Did I mention how beautiful the moon was? lol







It was a nice night..... oh yea, I caught a few keepers too!


14 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

It's about time you went out and did some fishing Jeanie. You did put Nemo back in the water did'nt you? lol. Glad to hear you had a good time fishin. Looked like a beautiful evening.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mark!

I told Nemo about the evils of earthworms and sent him on his way. lol

It was such a beautiful evening, I spent most of my time star gazing and admiring the moon. Can't believe it's taken me so long to get out there and wet a line. :)

Hope you had a great weekend too. Bet you got a lot done on your land again, can't wait to read all about it.
Thanks again Mark!

Mrs. JP said...

That sounds like what happens when I used to go fishing with JP. I'd throw my line in the water and then raid the snack bag or spend half an hour picking the snag outta my reel. I'd have been doing the same thing. But there's one thing about fishing (whether catching or not) you let the rest of the world melt away and no worries!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night!! At least you didn't get skunked.lol


OTT

Becky said...

Beautiful pictures of the moon, Jeanie! I tried and tried to get a good shot Saturday night but with no luck.

cowgirl said...

lol Mrs JP, Sounds like you enjoy fishing too! If we catch a fish it's a bonus. :)

The darned moon and lightning bugs were just too pretty!

cowgirl said...

Thanks OTT, It was great!!
I can't wait to get back out there for another try. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Becky, wasn't the moon beautiful?
I'm never sure if my little camera is going to take a good shot at night or not. I always give it a try anyway. lol

Chris said...

What were your friends giving you a hard time for.....haven't they ever heard of Gorton's FISH STICKS? ;)

cowgirl said...

lol Chris, Guess not! :)

JunkerJunk said...

Im waiting for the Smoked Nemo recipe.....
-Marty

cowgirl said...

Haha Marty, I suppose I could have combined my prize catches for the night and made "Fish ona Stick" over the campfire. lol

Nemo was just too cute, I had to set him free. :)

Anonymous said...

lolol...You know Jeanie...In reading your posts I can't help but get the impression that your mind wanders a bit. :D It's actually very cute!

Dave~

cowgirl said...

lol Dave, I do love shiny things....the moon, fishing lures, lightening bugs...they are my favorites!
It's hard for me to sit still with all that going on at one time. lol

Thanks Dave.. (((HUGS))) :)