Search Feature

Monday, July 20, 2009

Garden Spring Rolls?

I'm not sure what to call these. lol
Gathered some zucchini, summer squash, baby green onions, lettuce and mustard greens from the garden..




I cut the summer squash and zuc into sticks, cut the mustard greens into ribbons....



Soaked my rice wraps in a bit of warm water for a few minutes to make them pliable...


Started filling with a layer of cooked shrimp...



the zuc and squash sticks..


the lettuce and spicy mustard greens....



Started rolling and added a baby green onion....




Rolled and ready to eat....



The spring rolls with dipping sauce and a bit of wasabi....



They were pretty tasty. :) The mustard greens gave them a nice peppery kick.


4 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Now that is pretty darned artistic Jeanie. I have never seen anything like it. I thought about a name for these for a few moments, but my mind kinda draws a blank. (As usual). Rice cocooned shrimp? Nahhh, just a thought. Looks pretty tastey though.

cowgirl said...

lol Mark, Rice cocooned shrimp has a nice ring to it. They were pretty tasty with the dipping sauce. I forgot to post the sauce recipe. ooops!


Thanks! :)

Rawtalent said...

They say you eat with your eyes first. If that's true I just gobbled down all three of 'em!

cowgirl said...

lol Thank you Rawtalent! I appreciate that. :)
Nice to see you!