Search Feature

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pecan Smoked Pecan Rubbed Potato Smied Catfish

A talented smoking friend gave me a sample of homemade pecan dry rub to try.
I decided to smoke some of my catfish stash from this summer....


The catfish filets sprinkled with the pecan rub...



I made two apple dumplings too...
Apples sliced into 4ths, each layer sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, then wrapped in pie dough with a bit of butter on top....then into the smoker til tender.




Into my drum smoker with some veggies and a hunka spam...




After smoking the pecan rubbed catfish for an hour, I brushed the filets with butter and rolled in shredded potatoes....




then fried til crisp....



The Smied (smoked and fried) Pecan Rubbed Catfish.....








The catfish was tasty! I loved the pecan rub and the crispy fried potato crust.....


The apple dumpling with ice cream and caramel chocolate sauce..... I was glad I had smoked two, they are just as good heated up the next day. :)


8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Jeanie! I would have never thought to use potatoes that way! Beautiful meal!!!

Big Dude said...

Wow - what I meal, I believe I could eat that.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

TOTALLY GENIUS

David McGuire said...

I am the outcast in my family. I am not a catfish lover. But the rest of it looks great. Ya know if I had a neighbor like you......

cowgirl said...

Thank you Becky! I love fried potatoes, this just seemed like a good idea.. lol

cowgirl said...

Thanks Big Dude! It was pretty tasty fish. :)

cowgirl said...

A year on the Grill... You're too sweet! Thank you. :)

cowgirl said...

David if we were neighbors we'd be swapping recipes and pulling each other out of the ditch in bad weather. lol :)
Thanks!