Search Feature

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mesquite Smoked Venison Fajitas

I grilled the venison but threw on a few chips of mesquite to add a bit of smoke.These are some venison trimmings I had from the hind roast and backstrap of the doe I got this fall...

The marinade was a mixture of..

2/3 c red wine vinegar

1 c oil

1/2 tsp of oregano

1 tsp kosher salt

1 tsp cracked black pepper

3 cloves of garlic cut up

a couple pinches of cumin

a squeeze of lime juice

and sliced onions...I poured the marinade over the venison and let it marinade overnight..

Onto the grill with a tiny bit of mesquite...

Added the tortillas...

Ready to eat..

I built one with the sliced venison, onions/pepper mix, cheese, pico de gallo and lettuce...

Served some salsa, lime and sour cream on the side...

It was pretty tasty! :)


Ken said...

Man O Man, great minds think alike, I took out some skirt steak last nite so I could marinate and have fajitas tonight.....small little world we live in .... lol
Those look very tantilizing

cowgirl said...

lol...That's great!!
Bet your skirt steak fajitas will be tasty!!

Great :)