Search Feature

Monday, March 23, 2009

Grilled Leeks with Smoked Cheese and Bacon

This recipe belongs to a talented smoking friend named Abelman. I think it's going to be one of my favorite side dishes while grilling. :) Thank you Abelman!


I cut the leeks in half and washed out any sand or dirt..
Then brushed the leeks with bacon drippings and sprinkled with kosher salt..




Grilled them for a few minutes until they were just getting soft...


Assembled the halves back together and wrapped them in foil.
Then let them cook for another 15 minutes or so...


Unwrapped the leeks, sprinkled each half with a bit of balsamic vinegar, crumbled smoked cheese and crispy bacon...


They were very tasty!
Abelman's recipe used goat cheese, but I did not have any on hand, the smoked cheese tasted just fine. :)





2 comments:

Ken said...

Hi,
Love this recipe, never had Leeks before, but you've not failed me yet! I always see them in the store and have wanted to try them, now I have an excuse and a recipe to go along with them, thanks girl! lol

KEN

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ken!!!
I love leeks and grilling them sure brings out the flavor...makes them sweet too. :)