Search Feature

Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Lake Fatty




Made one of these while camping this spring and it turned out so tasty I had to do it again on my last trip to the lake!
Just my favorite breakfast fatty. I make these a lot at home but just discovered how good they taste when camping.
Made my stuffing, fried tatoes, onions, peppers, ham and cheese...



Used my stainless fatty piston from good friend Rolf in Germany. Rolf if you happen to see this, thanks again!! I'm getting a lot of good use out of this piston, I love it! :)









I made this the day before, wrapped and let it sit in the ice chest overnight.
Then started a few coals in the little cooker.  I spread them around the edges and put a drip pan in the center underneath the fatty.





I hung out and fished while the thing cooked...



I had a fire going in the tractor rim already for a venison shoulder, so I made my hollandaise, fried some eggs in butter and toasted the english muffins...



The fatty was cooked but the bacon wasn't as crispy as I like it...



So out came the weed burner....again.



Didn't take long at all to crisp things up...



The fried tater, ham, onion, pepper, cheese fatty....







Breakfast!!



I scooched my chair out by the water to watch the morning traffic..





I know I make these often but they have got to be my all time favorite breakfast fatties. Eating them beside the lake seemed to make them taste even better.
I think I just need to buy a house by a lake... I'd never go inside. lol


10 comments:

Bushman said...

That looks amazing!
One of these days I'm going to try making one

Ohiofarmgirl said...

breathtaking. absolutely breathtaking. but hell, woman, how's a gal like me suppose to compete with that. i am hiding this blog post from my husband least he pick up, move out, and try and find you. for heavens sakes - I might just come and find you, throw myself at your feet, and declare that i am not worthy!
*OFG swoons with love for CGCL*
ps you are my hero....

cowgirl said...

Hey Bushman, Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day. Did you celebrate?
You need to try a fatty sometime, they are pretty tasty.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Ohiofarmgirl you are too funny!! Thank you!!
I enjoy your blog.. for some reason I can't leave messages. I think it's my browser/blogger problems.
Hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

Cowgirl- I (we) need to see what you look like, If i ate half of this stuff I would be three hundred pounds!

Must be that ranch life keeping you slim

moose said...

just found your blog. surfing for fattie pistons and up you poped. great insperating blog looking forward to making fatties, what a great breakfast

wishihadtime said...

I echo bushman's comment. I absolutely need to create one of these marvels!

cowgirl said...

lol Unknown you aren't missing anything. :) I do have my pic hidden somewhere on my blog. Raising range bred, fence jumping cattle help ya get exercise.
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

Moose it's nice to meet you! The pistons are easy to put together and kind of fun to use.
Good luck with yours. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

Thank you wishihadtime! :)