Search Feature

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grilled Shrimp & Veggie Salad

This was a fairly quick and easy meal... just what I needed after working outside in the Oklahoma heat all day.


I also wanted to try out a new dry rub seafood seasoning made by a friend of mine.. Smoky Okie.


I drizzled some peeled and deveined shrimp with olive oil, then sprinkled with Smoky Okie's Seafood Splash dry rub seasoning...




raided my garden for some veggies....







cubed some hunks of bread, tossed with olive oil, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, and a bit of basil ....


Onto the Memphis Pro for a quick grill.

I tossed the croutons often to toast all sides...




I used the firewire again.. I love those things. :)


The grilled shrimp and veggie salad, drizzled with Vidalia onion dressing and topped with fresh herb croutons...







Smoky Okie's Seafood Splash was great! The shrimp needed no other seasoning.

It was a nice ending to a hot summer day... :)

14 comments:

Old Smoke said...

Dang Jeanie
Mudbugs on the weekend and shrimp salad the next day. WOW! My kinda grub. Were the shrimp homegrown? I just got some firewires, I need to try them soon. It has been around 100* all week here. This salad looks like it will be a quick dinner for us also.
Rick

Unknown said...

That looks exceedingly delicious!

Can you describe the flavor of the seasoning that you put on the shrimp?

Unknown said...

Jeanie, I want to come to your house for dinner,:)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rick! They were some from my pond.. I thawed out too many for the party and needed to cook them.
I really like the firewires so far, I can get quite a few shrimp on them and weave them around other things on the smoker or grill.
Sounds like you are getting the same hot weather as me! Hope you keep cool!!

cowgirl said...

Ron Thank you! I'm not sure how to describe it.. the label says "dehydrated onion, spices and paprika... Not sure what the spices are.
It was really tasty on the shrimp.
If you are interested in getting some, let me know, I can get his order information to you.
Thanks again Ron!

cowgirl said...

Haha... Capt Ron! Bring fig preserves!

Rocco said...

great dish Jeanie!
could life get any better then that?
i bet you had a cold beer with that meal.
p.s. i use fig preserves all the time, love that stuff!

Mrs. JP said...

Oh my, that's a salad I could eat every day. I saw someone on TV do a salad like that only he made it a BLT kinda theme, also, with the big fresh croutons. I gotta quit feeding out stale bread to the dogs.:) I just gave them a half a loaf of homemade honey rye this a.m.!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Rocco! I had a cold glass of lemonade with supper. Seems like I've been drinking lots of lemonade this summer.
I've not tried fig preserves, but Capt. Ron has posted some excellent looking home made ones on his blog. The look great!!

cowgirl said...

Oooo.. that sounds so good Mrs JP! Homemade honey and rye croutons.. and maybe crisp bacon sprinkled on the salad like a BLT.. Thanks for the ideas! :)

Anonymous said...

The shrimp look great! I've read your articles on raising shrimp and am very interested in trying it myself. Where do you order your stocker shrimp from?

cowgirl said...

Thanks Anonymous! On the right side of my page under "Favorite Sites" is a link to the MSU Freshwater shrimp info.
They have a list of juvenile shrimp suppliers.. there might be one close to you.
Hope that helps!

Salmonclubber said...

Jeanie
thats another fine looking meal I liked smokies seafood splash season i got a bottle last fall and have been playing with it its some pretty good stuff nice job

cowgirl said...

Thanks Huey! :)
I bet your seafood dishes are amazing! You are such a good cook and to be able to go out and get most of what you need would be awesome. :) Wish I was your neighbor! lol