Search Feature

Monday, May 25, 2009

Crawdad Boil

I cooked up a batch of crawdads for one meal this weekend. It looks like a lot of work but
a crawdad boil is an easy way to feed a crowd with not much effort. :)

I decided to add a few crab legs to the pot....just because they are one of my favorites.






I seasoned the pot with crab boil, added salt, cayenne, lemons, garlic, onions, smoked sausage, new potatoes. hmmmm, I think that was all.


Added some corn then the crawdads....



Tossed in the crab legs and shrimp....



Pouring the feast onto the table....



It was steaming hot...




Served lots of garlic bread, garlic butter, cocktail sauce and plenty of paper towels...


This was not my plate, I stood by the table and snacked. :)


Everything came out really tasty, my company seemed to enjoy the food. :)

14 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

That sure does look tastey Jeanie, I think you company seemed to enjoy that for a reason.

cowgirl said...

:) Thank you Mark, you are too kind!

Anonymous said...

That's a heck of a cookout cowgirl...bet there were a bunch of full bellies after that spread!!

grothe

cowgirl said...

Gene, thank you! I shoulda taken pictures of the dessert too, but it went too fast. lol

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Brought back lots of memories....I used to do that a lot when I lived in Louisiana, good times!

Mike said...

looks delicious Jeanie!

cowgirl said...

YD, I'm glad it brought back some good memories for you! They are pretty tasty and it's sure an easy way to feed a crowd. :)

cowgirl said...

Mike Thank you! :)

Mrs. JP said...

Now that's what I call a real spread! Of course your guests loved it. How could they not love it? I hope you had a great weekend

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP! The crawdads went over well, everyone seemed to get their fill. :)
Hope you had a great weekend too!

Anonymous said...

You left out the lemon grass and cloves!

BTW, don't know if ya remember me, but I'm working on my cold smoke house. Just started the copper pipes to act as a radiator during the hot texas summer. I've been taking pics along the way, hope to have it done by early september!

cowgirl said...

Dang it I DID forget the lemon grass and cloves!! lol
I do remember you too. :)
Please let me know how your smokehouse cooling system works out. I know your area gets some really hot weather. The last smoke I did, I smoked at around 110 degrees with no problems, but I was smoking spices, honey, olives and other stuff.

I'd love to see some pics too if you get the chance.

I'll remember the lemon grass and cloves next time. lol

Cajun Mike said...

HAHA I Like how you say crawdad. In Louisiana we call them crawfish.

cowgirl said...

lol I wonder if it's an Okie thing. My friends up north call them crawfish too. :)
They're good eating whatever you call em.