Search Feature

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cheesy Tatoes with Ribeyes, Mushrooms and Brats

Another favorite camp meal....




I slice some potatoes, onions and zucchini into a cast iron skillet, add garlic, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and butter...

You can leave out the zucchini...just use what veggies you like.


I like sauted mushroom, onions with a bit of garlic and butter to go with my steak...



I cover and let these cook over a low fire until the potatoes are tender...


When the potatoes are tender I add cheese...this time I added provolone and cheddar. Just use your favorites..


Cover until the cheese melts...


Grill some ribeyes and brats and you're set!





The grilled ribeyes and brats along with the cheesy potatoes, sauted mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and some cold cucs.




2 comments:

Cowboy Andy said...

Jeanie,

What size tractor rim do you use to be able to cook multiple items and still have room to control heat? And judging from the pictures I've seen, I'd guess you live in Western Oklahoma.

cowgirl said...

Hi Andy!
The ring in this photo is not my tractor rim..
but my tractor rim is 30" in diameter and 11" tall.
My cooking grate is about 3'x 2'... I start my wood burning, burn down a good bed of hot coals then set the grate on but leave one side open enough that I can add another log if needed and I can use a long metal rod to move coals around where needed.

I can place pans OR food over hot, medium or low heat areas..just where ever I need them to be.
(hope that makes sense!).

I do live in western Okla, not much out here but I love it. :)

Thanks for stopping by Andy!