Search Feature

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Finger Food on the Drum

I smoked some finger food on my drum this weekend...
rubbed the potatoes with olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
then seasoned the boneless beef short ribs with Harley's dry rub.....






I have some new firewire that I wanted to try out.




I marinated the shrimp in evoo, garlic, sherry and soy...then wrapped in bacon.

They were fairly easy to thread onto the firewire...and the skewers held the bacon in place so I was happy I didn't have to use toothpics...





I removed the potatoes after one hour...they were still firm.

I brushed the boneless beef ribs with Smoked Bacon Chipotle sauce during the last 30 minutes of the smoke..







Then sliced the smoked potatoes.. dusted with flour, dipped in a beer batter and deep fried....









The Smoked Bacon Chipotle beef cubes....




Smied (smoked/fried) potatoes sprinkled with lots of Harleys dry rub...



I did throw the bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill to crisp up the bacon.




Served with a frosty mug of beer and plenty of napkins. It was pretty tasty stuff. :)



14 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

It looks soooo delicious. Now, what is that fire wire stuff? (Picture me tilting my head)

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

Don't get any better than that Jeanie! Boy those look delicious....execellent!!! :)


Gene

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! So do tell - what brew was it that accompanied such a lovely plate?

Big Dude said...

I'd eat that - I really like the way you did the potatoes.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mrs JP! The firewire worked great! I think I'm going to like using them.
On the Big Poppa Smoker site (listed on the right side of my blog)..there is a BPTV button that leads to Caesar Shrimp. I looked at that video and decided to get some. lol
here's the url...
http://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/default.php?page=4

I bought some of the salad dressing yesterday and hope to give that recipe a try.

I like the way the firewire takes up less space on the grill than a regular big skewer.
Thanks Mrs JP! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Gene! It was tasty.. and filling. :)
If ya head to Bidwell, have fun! lol

cowgirl said...

Thank you Serabelle!
I usually just have a coors light. lol
This was a pacifico.

I'm a lightweight beer drinker. :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! I like crunchy tatoes.. the beer batter seems to keep it's crunch longer than some batters.
Hope you have a great 4th weekend! :)

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

Fantastic! I've seen the fire wire at the store but never got it. Seems to have worked very well!

Thats a basket of nosh's to dream about.

cowgirl said...

Dave, I like the firewire so far. I can see how it will come in handy on all of my cookers.
If you get some, let me know if you like them please!
Thanks Dave.. :)

Anonymous said...

Dang Cowchick! I see you're still at it. :)

cowgirl said...

lol I'm still at it Sap! :)

tjus77 said...

You are making it difficult to stay on my diet... lol. Well what is 6 months of health food, to get back down to a healthy weight and body. But I am keep notes on things to try (in small quantities) when I can eat good again.

cowgirl said...

lol TJ, Sorry! :)
I think everyone would benefit from eating healthy for 6 months. Hope it goes well for you...

Thanks TJ! :)