Search Feature

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apple Smoked Apple Dumplin's

Fall.... it's apple time. :)








I peeled and cored a couple of apples, then sliced into 4 thick pieces...

Placed the bottom slice onto a round of pie dough, sprinkled with a brown sugar/cinnamon mixture....then repeated with the remaining apple slices.




I topped the apple off with a bit of butter....


Then wrapped the cinnamon/brown sugar apple with the pie dough....




I gave the dumplin's a quick brush with an egg wash.......then sprinkled them with more of the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture.








Into my drum smoker at 300 degrees with a few apple chips for smoke added for flavor....



Smoked for about 1 hour....



The apple smoked apple dumplin' ready to be dressed up!



I drizzled the dumplin' with warm caramel sauce.....



sprinkled on a few pecans.....




topped with fresh whipped cream and a bit more caramel sauce and pecans....




The apple dumplin' sliced open......




It was soooooo tasty. lol I had a hard time getting a good spoon shot, they seemed to keep disappearing. I loved the mild apple smoke flavor too... I'll be making these again soon. :)


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

FedEx to central NY please Sap!!

That looks super fantastic!

Chez said...

you are a bad, bad girl....

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Mr S! I do have one left. I'll send it right to ya. lol

cowgirl said...

lolol Chez!! Thanks! :)

Chris said...

So how was the texture of the apple after 1 hour? Is it still semi tender or is it more like apple pie filling?

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Throw about 12 of those in front of me, and I'll show you a dissapearing act that Houdini himself would have trouble performing Jeanie. Sure does look good.

cowgirl said...

Chris, it was tender, not like apple pie filling. I used a knife to check for tenderness after an hour. I was mainly concerned about the crust getting too dark or not being done... but it turned out perfect!
I'd like to do these again soon. :)

cowgirl said...

LOL! Mark! I really enjoyed the dumplin' and tried to eat it all but I had to save half of it for the next day. lol
Not sure if I could go through 12 of them in one sitting.

I'd make 12 of them for you though...just so I could see if you could eat all of them. lol

Thanks Mark. :)

Big Dude said...

Those baby's look magnificent

Rocco said...

man that looks good!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Big Dude! :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rocco, it was pretty tasty!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

cowgirl said...

Hey Scott, Thanks!! :)
Ya gotta try these sometime!

Zydecopaws said...

Once again, simply amazing. I bow to your greatness, and need to find a reason to visit OK so I can visit...

cowgirl said...

Zydeco, you are too kind!! I just saw your apple crumble... it looks wonderful!
Let me know if you're ever in Oklahoma!

Unknown said...

Those look fantastic! This plated VERY well and actually has me tasting apples and caramels. YUM!!


Ray
RaceyB's Outdoor Cooking Fun
http://www.raceyb.com

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ray!
They had that carameled apple/apple pie flavor with a hint of apple smoke. I'm getting ready to smoke another batch of them on my drum this weekend.
They were soooo tasty. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

thunderwagn said...

I know this is really old, but these look outstanding. You have some incredible talent!

cowgirl said...

Thanks so much Thunderwagn! I love these things.. they are addicting.
Thanks for stopping by. :)