Search Feature

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Smoked Rib Roast

I smoked a boneless prime rib for friends the other day.. it turned out pretty tasty. I also made some twice baked potatoes to throw onto the smoker too. The potatoes are one of my favorites. :)


I rubbed the roast with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt, cracked black pepper and a bit of garlic.


Smoked with some hickory...


Put my twice baked potatoes on the smoker during the last 45 minutes.....


I pulled the roast off of the smoker when it reached an internal temperature of 137 degrees, then covered with foil to rest for 25 minutes... ( I had planned on 135 degrees, but got side tracked :))


I definately like my prime rib pink in the middle.....


The prime rib, au jus sauce, twiced baked potato, salad and some peaches.
It was pretty tasty....and I didn't hear any complaints from my friends. lol





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....That looks awesome Jeanie!!
Can't give ya points here...LOL!
Think I'm going to have to smoke a PR this weekend (droolin)

grothe

cowgirl said...

Thank you Gene!
It was pretty tasty, Hope you get to smoke one this weekend...take pictures too if ya get the chance! :)

Anonymous said...

You'd be crazy to complain about that!!

Anonymous said...

Meant to also say that I hope you are OK from the storms yesterday!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Becky! :)

The storms were east of me. I hate to see tornado season start up this early in the year.

Hope you are having a great week!

dracothehound said...

That looks so good its like i can just eat it
Dave

cowgirl said...

:) Thank you Dave!!

Anonymous said...

looks nice and moist i hwas told not to put salt on a rib roast as it will draw out the moister might be wrong looks good too me

cowgirl said...

Hi Anonymous and Thanks!
It will not dry out if you season the roast before cooking.
If you salted the meat and let it sit overnight it might start pulling the moisture from the meat.
Hope you give it a try sometime.. it's tasty. :)
Thanks!