Search Feature

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Smoked Pork Eggrolls

I placed a few thick sliced pork chops in a container with sliced onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and one bay leaf. Then covered with cool water and let them brine for about 4 hours...



Into the smoker with a skillet of sliced onions, jalapenos, and garlic, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.....


These smoked for about 4 hours with a bit of hickory.....


I chopped 2 cups of the smoked pork, minced the smoked onion, garlic and jalapenos..

Added some chopped water chestnuts for crunch and a bit of green onion....


I combined all in a skillet with 1 cup of napa cabbage and sauteed until the mixture was heated through and the cabbage was tender crisp. Then let the mixture cool before rolling...







The rolls turned out very tasty. I made my favorite pot sticker dipping sauce, but the rolls were actually better without the sauce. :)

4 comments:

Mike said...

Those look really good! I like the idea of putting the skillet in the smoker.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mike!

They turned out pretty tasty, I just had one for lunch. lol

The onions and jalapenos do not take as long as the pork. I kept an eye on them and removed them from the smoker when they were tender.

Hope you give it a try, it's easy to put whatever you like into these. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic. You've inspired me to, finally, start smoking myself, after reading about it for years.

I smoked my first local pork on the weekend, in an improvised smoker. It didn't really come up to more than 160º, so I had to finish the meat in the oven. It was really tasty though, and next time I'll know how to get more heat.

cowgirl said...

Hey, thanks Andy!
I just checked out your smoker...looks great, the loin looks very tasty too...
Great looking blog!

Good luck with your smokes. :)