Search Feature

Friday, May 17, 2013

Meatball Tacos and Sliders





I had the urge for meatballs but couldn't decide what kind to make.  SO I made three different batches.

First batch I went with veal, an egg, minced scallions, beef bouillon, onion powder, seasoned salt, worcestershire sauce and bread crumbs.



Second batch was beef, green chili sauce, egg, scallions and bread crumbs..



Third batch was beef, spicy red chili sauce, egg, scallions and the bread crumbs..



Into the BPS drum at 325F





They were ready in about one hour. I just eyeballed them and broke one open to give it the taste test.


First I made a green chili meatball taco...



and a spicy red chili meatball taco...




Then the next day I made beer battered onion rings to go with the veal meatball sliders...









I really liked all of them! The red chili meatballs were pretty spicy but still great.  I can't pick a favorite so I'll probably be making all of them again sometime. :)

8 comments:

Sid said...

Ouuu! Smoked meatballs! The insanity of it all. Your one crazy woman Miss Jeanie. :) I probably would have added Chipotle Chili Powder to the red ones but that's just my own lack of sanity! :) PS I finally found a source of beef cheeks! Rellenos coming up!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

They all look pretty special to me Jeanie. Kinda gives me a craving for some meatballs of my own soon.

cowgirl said...

lol Chris! You're braver than me. The red chili sauce was hot enough to curl my hair! Not sure if I could handle chipotle powder too. :)
Great about the cheeks!! You need to send a pic to me when you get those rellenos made. Thanks! :)

cowgirl said...

Mark how in the heck have you been? Glad to see you made it through winter. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I'm doing pretty good Jeanie. Me and my house, and my dog all survived the winter with flying colors. Pretty nice here now, no more snow, the river is running and the leaves are green. I hear there are some pretty bad tornados down your way though. Sure hope you're keeping safe Jeanie.

Chris said...

Tacos and sliders, two great applications for meatballs.

cowgirl said...

Sounds really nice up there Mark! The weather has been rough down here. I'm not fond of tornado season.
Glad to hear you and Traction are doing well. Hope you take some time off this summer for fun stuff like quading or canoeing. :)
Please take pics if you do! :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Chris, I couldn't decide which I liked best. They both turned out pretty tasty.