Search Feature

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Big Poppa Smokers "Money" Brisket



I received a great package of Big Poppa Smoker rubs the other day (Thank you again BP!!)  and I couldn't wait to give them a try.
First on my list was Big Poppa's Chanpionship "Money" rub. I've heard so much about it!

I seasoned a brisket with the rub and threw it into the BPS drum with a kiss of mesquite.



added a skillet of spicy pintos. Cooked bacon in skillet, removed, added onions, garlic, green chilies to the drippings. Cooked til tender then added cooked pinto beans, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and cayenne.



I didn't take the internal temp of the brisket, just smoked til probe tender.



had to have a taste!





I really really loved this stuff! lol





The "Money" rub was soooo tasty!  I can see why it won so many championships.
I'm pretty happy right now,  my brisket stash has been replenished and I get to think up more things to make with the rest of the BPS dry rubs. :D

14 comments:

Rocco said...

Jeanie, everything you do is "money" honey!

LindaG said...

Your stuff always looks so great!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. ♥

Chris said...

Money, money, money, Moooooooney. Money! (sorry, had to sing that song)

That brisket looks great! If you have any leftover, try making some brisket sloppy joes, great stuff!

Ross in Ventura said...

I'll have to give Money Rub a try. Thanks Jeanie

Ross

cowgirl said...

lol I wish Rocco! Thanks. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Linda! Hope you have a great weekend too. :)

cowgirl said...

Dang it Chris...now I'll have that song in my head all day. lol
Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Great to see ya Ross! I hope you give the Money a try. The Happy Endings is good too.. I'm getting ready to try the Jalapeno one next.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

Rich said...

Nice brisket! I'll have to give Money a shot. The Jalapeno version sounds like something right up our alley.

Sid said...

What a coincidence! I'm just sitting down and taking a break from prepping a rack of ribs. Them little babies are all smothered in "Money". I like BP's Desert Gold also. Goes real well with yardbird. That brisket looks delish. I have got to find time to finish my UDS.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rich! It's good stuff!
Hope you are having a nice spring. :)

cowgirl said...

Hey Chris, are you sure we aren't related. lol
Let me know when you get that drum finished, I'd love to see pics if you get the time.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thnanks Pal!!!!

cowgirl said...

Thank you bigger Pal! :)
I'm enjoying all of your rubs, They're delicious!

BTW, Great photo! :)