Search Feature

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grilled Chicken...Tsukune Style



I was asked by the kind folks at Char-Broil, to come up with a chicken recipe for my next "Char-Broil All Star" post.
I thought long and hard about what to grill. Thighs, wings and breasts are pretty common grill items, even though you can change the flavor by using rubs, sauces and marinades.
I wanted to do something a bit different ....SO I went with chicken tsukune.
It's basically a chicken sausage and can be served on skewers or in patty form.
I decided to make skewers and went one step farther and used fresh asparagus spears.  (I had edible finger food in mind :))


I combined my ground chicken and seasoning....



Wrapped thick spears with 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture...



Then grilled until cooked through...but leaving the burner off under the asparagus skewers.



These are best served hot off the grill, while the chicken is hot and the skewers are firm. They make a great snack while hanging out on the patio with friends. :)
The complete recipe is here...
Char-Broil post

If you get the time, please take a peek at my post. Thanks!
I think you could really spice them up as much as you like to suit your taste. :)






10 comments:

langela said...

Not only do they look delicious, they are very pretty, too.

Chris said...

You are a GENIUS. From the kabob to the asparagus skewer, this is amazing.

David said...

Looks great. I popped over to Char-broil and commented too.

cowgirl said...

Thank you langela! :)

cowgirl said...

Chris you're too kind. Thanks!

cowgirl said...

David thank you! I appreciate you taking the time. Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

CC said...

What a great idea! Looks delish!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Pink Camo! I appreciate you stopping by. :)

Ginger Magnus said...

I stumbled across your blog this morning researching cold smoke houses, and I fell in love with this recipe. I was looking for an additional item to bring to a party Saturday and this is it!

Thank you much,

cowgirl said...

Ginger thank you! Hope they worked out well for you!