Search Feature

Monday, May 4, 2009

Roasted Beef on a Stick

I mentioned to Frugal Canadian Hermit that I like to roast hunks of meat over a fire like marshmallows. :)

This is one of my favorite meals to make when camping.





My tractor rim fire ring. :)





I thread a couple of boneless beef ribs on a stick, cover with oil and season with salt and pepper.
(I was trying to get a pic of the moon in the background. lol )




Roast like a marshmallow til it's as cooked as you like...



The finished beef on a stick. Doesn't get much easier than that, and it's sooooo tasty! lol





10 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Hey now that looks like a simple meal for a simple man Jeanie. I like that. I was going to try that myself today, but it was a little windy for a fire, so I just bar-b-qed my rib eye instead. I'm quite sure I'll do it sometime soon though.

cowgirl said...

Mark, it's a tasty snack!
Your ribeye sounds good though....bet it was great bar-b-qued! :)

Hope you had a nice Sunday!

Mrs. JP said...

1st) very cool fire pit
2nd) yummmmmm

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP!!
I love my tractor rim fire ring. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeanie

Those look delicious.I wouldn't cook them how I like arshmallows(on fire). But rare would work. Oh btw, in some states it is illegal to leave your beer unattended that far away.LOL
;)
OTT

cowgirl said...

LOL....Thanks OTT. :)

Flaming marshmallows ARE pretty tasty!

It probably is illegal to leave a beer all alone like that.
Good thing I had my name on it! lol :)

dracothehound said...

that looks good one of them camping fire lunch's but where did you find the wood lolol

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks!
It was a fence post.


Just kidding, but I do use fence posts at times. :)

Ken said...

That looks like some good R&R to me, I'll be on the next train heading west..... lol

cowgirl said...

lol Ken, It is pretty relaxing out there! :)