Search Feature

Monday, January 26, 2009

Smoked Chicken Chile Rellanos

These are one of my favorites. They take time to make, so I make extras and freeze them for an easy meal. :)

I start by smoking a chicken, then letting it cool....




I remove the chicken meat from the bone........ mince about 1/2 cup of onion, one jalapeno and shred some queso campesino cheese.


I combine the chicken, cheese, onion and jalapeno....

For milder rellanos, do not use the chopped jalapeno.


I like anaheim peppers...they are my favorite.
I blister the peppers over fire. A grill works great for this....I used a burner on my stove...


After blistering the peppers, I let them steam in a baggie. This makes them easier to peel.


I wash the peel off the peppers, slit them down the side and remove all seeds.
Then stuff with the smoked chicken/cheese mixture....


I give the peppers a light dusting of flour....


For my batter.... I whip 4 egg whites....


Beat my yolks in a separate bowl....


Combine the egg white and yolk with 4 TBS of flour....

I dip the stuffed peppers in the batter and fry in oil til golden.......



Let them drain on a paper towel....




The smoked chicken and melted cheese are tasty......



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, that's it. You're going to have to stop posting things like this. It's going to take me years just to try all of your recipes! lol.

Once again you've managed to make my mouth water Jeanie!

cowgirl said...

lol Mike
Come on over... I'm getting ready to have one for lunch. I'll share.

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Don't tempt me... I could use a good road trip right now!

cowgirl said...

lol
Are you finally getting some snow up there?

Anonymous said...

:0.. drool!
If I skip a day, you post something yummy! I have to try this one for sure.
thanks cowgirl
-Jeff

cowgirl said...

Thank you Jeff!

Hope you give it a try. :)

Anonymous said...

We hadn't really had any snow since the big storm over Christmas. Though yesterday morning it did snow a little bit. Maybe a half inch, and it was all melted by noon. I hope we get some more... I love snow.

cowgirl said...

I hope you get more snow Mike. If you do...I want to see some snow angel pictures. lol :)

Mark said...

No snow here - just some icy roads.

Those are fine rellenos, Jeanie! I always used Poblanos, but I may give this a try.

Checkin' in to see how the Cowgirl is doin' in the snow up there.

cowgirl said...

I think I like the snow much better than ice. :)
The windmill has been giving me a bit of trouble this week so I'm breaking ice on the pond for the animals.

I like poblanos too!! Very tasty. :)

Hope you are keeping warm!

Mark said...

REmember, breaking ice is cheaper than tank heaters...

cowgirl said...

LOL Very true! :)