Search Feature

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Prime Rib on the Smoker

I smoked a small prime rib roast on my horizontal smoker yesterday...
I rubbed the roast with olive oil, seasoned with cracked black pepper, kosher salt and a bit of garlic.





Onto the smoker at 315 degrees with some hickory....


I pulled the roast out of the smoker at an internal temperature of 135, covered with foil and let it sit for 25 minutes...





The rib roast with Au jus sauce, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus spears, baked tato and salad.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that looks good. A lot of people aren't aware that you can get a standing rib roast for almost the price of hamburger during certain times of the year...this just getting past that certain time of the year. One thing I do when I don't want to cook a roast is I'll get a three or four bone roast like yours and cut them into individual steaks, and magically, you have a bone-in Rib Eye steak. One of my favorites, for sure, but not my favorite. My favorite being, of course, the Porterhouse. I'm pretty sure my butcher thinks I'm insane because several times a year I'll call him and say "Give me a yard of 3 inch Porterhouses," when they're on sale. Takes about half an hour to grill them. You sear them on both sides for about seven minutes per side, then you indirect heat cook them with lid on for the rest of the time. 2 DIE 4.

Ken

JunkerJunk said...

Dag gurl! Yer killin' me with these pics. Nice job.
Marty

cowgirl said...

Thanks Ken!
Your method sounds tasty too!! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Marty! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice as usual Jeanie.


Ronp

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ron! It was pretty tasty. :)