Search Feature

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Foot Long Venison Beer Brats on the Rib-O-lator :)

These were fun! I wanted to make something special for the first cook using the
Rib-O-Lator from Bob at Rib-o-lator.com

While walking through the grocery store I happened upon one package of foot long buns... it was a sign. :)

I've made venison beer brats in the past using this recipe and really like it...
I mixed two parts of my venison burger with one part pork..

Made a slurry with my spices and one cup of beer.....

1 tsp allspice

1 tsp crushed caraway

1 tsp marjoram

2 tsp white pepper

2 tsp salt

this was for about 3lbs of meat





I let the mixture chill overnight...












Well...the first one was 12 inches.. the rest were iffy. :)




I placed a pan of onions topped with butter, some chili and some kraut on the shelf of the drum..




then loaded the Rib-O-Lator racks with the venison beer brats...



turned the Rib-O-Lator on and let it go!





The brats turned out great.. the Rib-O-Lator cooked them so evenly...



The fun part was deciding what to top mine with!




I went for the kraut, caramelized onions and a few fresh minced onions, crispy bacon and a ribbon of spicy brown mustard.



In my excitement to try my creation I failed to get a picture of some of the chili cheese bacon topped venison beer brats. lol They looked killer too!

Thank you again Bob, I'm looking forward to trying new things with this unit. :)

10 comments:

Big Dude said...

The sausage looks like it turned out great and your sandwich is to die for.

cowgirl said...

Larry Thanks! The brats were tasty...and fun to make. :)

Unknown said...

That looks Deer-licious.

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Kirk! :)

clandestine bbq man said...

Looks great. I recently tried making sausage utilizing a kitchenaid mixer with all the attachments. It was truly a pain in the butt. I need to grab a new setup that is built specifically for making sausage. What do you recommend?

Anonymous said...

WOWWIE!!!! That looks just scrumptious and you make everything seem so easy to do!!

JBMaine

cowgirl said...

Thanks Clandestine BBQ Man! I use an old Oster grinder with attachments. It was really inexpensive but has lasted for years! Think I got it through Northern Tool.
I see they have different brand on sale right now for a great price. Might be worth looking into.
I process my own pork and deer and this little grinder has held up fine!

Good luck and hope you find something that works for ya. :)

cowgirl said...

:) Thank you JBMaine! They were pretty easy to make.. Judging one foot before twisting each sausage was the hardest part. lol

Thanks...

B-O-B said...

they look better than the costco dog.and they definitely look rib-o-licious.

B-O-B

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Bob!! I've never tried a costco dog but these were pretty tasty! :)
I have some chicken and fish to try next!