Search Feature

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Enjoying the Snow....




After making sure the animals made it through the storm,
I bundled up, put my tall boots on and made my way around the farm yard.

The best drift was in front of my machine shed. You can see the round bale mover tines on the left side of the picture. I'm not sure how deep the drift was, but it was over my head.



















My male border collie trying his hardest to hold still while I made snow angels.
He's pretty sure I need my face licked as soon as I lay down in the snow. lol



I had to find a spot shallow enough so I wouldn't disappear forever when I fell backwards into the snow. :)
My boot is somewhere in there...




My angel....










I gathered a few snowballs and bagged them for the 4th of July....




My friends say I can't call them snowballs.....by the time I get them out of the freezer in July they are pretty much hard balls of ice. :)




To end my day, I made snow ice cream...
No.. I didn't use yellow snow. lol
The fresh egg used in the recipe turns the ice cream yellow. :)
It was pretty tasty!



I'm still not sure about how much snow I received. Some say 16 to 24 inches. How do they measure snow when it's coming down sideways?

10 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Well I did'nt hear you say anything about any damages, so it must be all good. I assume the windmill is still standing on all fours. No news is good news. That is a beautiful snow angel, oh and make sure you save the snow balls for enemies and not friends, ok? lol.

cowgirl said...

Mark, I lost one hen. I'm not sure why she left the coop in the middle of a blizzard.
Things could have been a lot worse.
The windmill, cows, horses and pigs are fine.

My friends aren't really scared of my snowballs... I throw like a girl. Can't help it. :) lol

Thanks about my snow angel... had fun making them! :)

Hope you are having a great Monday!

dracothehound said...

the snow angel cool but you dont have on your sun glass lolol

Dave

cowgirl said...

lol Dave! I did have them on...the snow was bright! :)

Mark said...

My Lord, woman, those are some drifts! I guess there's not much to stop those winds blowing across the prairie.

cowgirl said...

They were pretty amazing Mark. :)

Ken said...

AmaZing, simply AmaZing!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolol
MUCG

cowgirl said...

Ken the snow drifts were amazing. lol
I had a good time though. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and hope you are still writing. On a personal note if there isn't a Mr. Cowgirl I would like to submit a resume if possible!

cowgirl said...

Tom your timing is impeccable. :)
Thanks for the kind comment and thank you for stopping by. You've brightened my day. :)

btw..yes I am still writing. Kind of behind on things but I'm still here. :)