Search Feature

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Steak n Eggs on the Hasty Bake

I had the chance to try the new Hasty Bake again... this was my third cook on the unit. I love it so far!

My hens have been getting carried away with their egg laying so I decided to cook a few with some ribeyes for an easy meal.




Talented smoking friend Phrasty, from Jamaica, sent some of his homemade dry rub for me to try out. Thanks again Phrasty! :)



I drizzled some ribeyes with olive oil and sprinkled with Phrasty's Cattle Punch.




I started a skillet of tatoes and onions first.. when they were just tender I threw the seasoned ribeyes onto the Hasty Bake.




After a good sear, I moved the steaks to the side and grilled a few leeks (seasoned with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper)




I foiled the leeks, then fried a few eggs in butter...basting the tops with hot butter to set.




I added my grilled leeks to my fried potatoes, topped the steak and tatoes with the eggs...




Everything came out great. I loved Phrasty's Cattle Punch on the ribyeys. The Hasty Bake was so easy to use... I love it!




no I didn't eat that whole plate full... but I tried! :)

17 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, those look like roasts! But, what a wonderful--stick to your ribs meal. I love the grilled lead idea.

Big Dude said...

Oh WOW, oh WOW.

LindaG said...

You sure are skilled at cooking. I most likely would have burned pretty much everything.

I like how you're using cast iron on there, too. I never would have thought to, haha.

Thanks for the lesson. ;)
Looks great. I don't blame you for trying to eat it all. :)

Marc van der Wouw said...

Looks very nice...love rib eye..

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mrs JP! I cut these steaks a bit too thick. They were close to 2".. I think 1 1/2 inches is easier to time. lol

cowgirl said...

Thank you Larry! :)

cowgirl said...

Linda thank you! :)
I bet you're a great outdoor cook too!
I love using cast iron over a flame even if it's a small fire in a cooker. lol

cowgirl said...

Thank you Marc! I think ribeye is my favorite steak. :)

Anonymous said...

Those eggs are just beautiful. I swear, once the dog dies, i'm getting a chicken.

Anonymous said...

Is Blogger eating comments today?

Anyway, those eggs are beautiful.

cowgirl said...

LOL Kirby... Thanks! :)

JunkerJunk said...

You go girl! The leeks was an interesting add. I made a mental note. Thanks!
Marty

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth.. i'm more impressed with how clean you keep all your grill's. Most people don't realize that a good clean unit is key to great tasting food. Now with that said...wow that looks good. Bud. p.s. going to the lake to rebuild a bathroom cya

cowgirl said...

Hey Marty! How in the heck have you been?
It's good to see ya. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Bud! This was just my third cook on the grill. I bet it will look different by the end of summer. :)
Good luck with the rebuild!

Smokomotive said...

there is nothing left to say...but YUMMMMMMMY ;-)

cowgirl said...

:) Thank you Chris!