Search Feature

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tri Tip on the Hasty Bake Grill

I had the chance to use the Hasty Bake Gourmet again recently. (yeah Mother Nature! :))

If you haven't checked out the Hasty Bake company...they are located in Oklahoma, like me! Can't be all bad. :)








I cubed some tatoes, onions and garlic, then topped with butter and seasoned with Hasty Bake Greek Seasoning...


For the tri tip I used some of Smoking Pal Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub..






I seasoned the leeks with olive oil, cracked black pepper and kosher salt..



after grilling a few minutes, I wrapped the leeks in foil to steam until tender..



I brought the tri tip to an internal temp of 137F, covered with foil and let it rest on the plate for 30 minutes...
Depending on the size of the tri tip and desired degree of "doneness" you can pull it from the heat sooner or later. I was busy with another project and when I came back the IT was 137F it worked out fine for me. :)



The tri tip was so juicy and tender...




The tri tip, Hasty Bake potatoes, grilled leek with a splash of balsamic vinegar, smoked cheese and crumbled bacon...



I drizzled the plate juices onto the tri tip... it was sooooo tasty, tender and moist. I will definately make this again. :)



The Hasty Bake has been easy to use and puts out some tasty goods. I love it. :)

16 comments:

RK said...

Hey Jeanie,
Oooh that tri tip looks delicious. My guess is you make your own cuts, right? I hardly ever see a tri tip at the grocery store. What can I ask for from the butcher across the refrigerated case? Do I need to go to a specialty meat shop?
Thanks,
-Richard

cowgirl said...

Hi Richard!
It's good to see you. :)
I had to ask the butcher for the tri tip. It isn't common in my area either. You might try your favorite grocery store meat market manager.
Tri tip seems to be more popular on the west coast.
It was really tasty and cut like butter. :)
I hope to make this again!
Good luck Richard, and thanks!

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that looks delish. I'm especially interested in the tater bake and the leeks with crumbled bacon on top. YUMMMMM

cowgirl said...

Thanks Mrs JP!
I gave the tatoes a "shake" every once in awhile to stir them up. You can really add any seasonings you like or any veggie you like. They were pretty tasty.
I got the leek recipe from a smoking friend called Ableman... It's one of my favorites. :)

Thanks again!

Rueben said...

Now that there is a perfectly cooked Tri Tip. Great job Cowgirl!!!

Old Smoke said...

I'll be right there for "reruns" (if there is any left) I have never tried grilled leeks but they sure look good the way you cooked them.... DUH! doesn't everything :)
Have a good weekend

cowgirl said...

Thank you Rueben,
It was kinda tasty! :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rick! You need to try those leeks. Ableman uses goat cheese on his but I didn't have any.
I love em though. :)

Bushman said...

That looks awesome. When I lived in Northern California they used to sell grilled tri-tip in front of the grocery stores. It was so good. I didn't know you could eat a whole leek like that.

Big Dude said...

You roast and plate look delicious. I've had some tri tip wet aging for a few weeks and think I'll grill one up for Easter.

cowgirl said...

Bushman I bet those were so tasty!!
The leeks are great this way. Wrapping them in foil to steam until tender makes the whole thing edible. I love em. :)

Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Larry! Your Easter dinner sounds great!!! :)

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Hi Cowgirl. Love that tri-tip. My butcher always has them. I used to grill them. Now I just season and throw on the smoker with some oak. They turn out very good.

I like the tip with the leeks. I am going to have to try that.

Have a good weekend...

cowgirl said...

Thank you Panthers!
Smoked with oak sounds tasty!
I want to try the reverse sear method on a tri tip.. smoke for 45 minutes or an hour then high heat sear. I love ribeyes that way.

Hope you like the leeks, They are one of my favorites. But I love onions and garlic in any form. :)
Hope you have a nice weekend too! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so you can get Tri Tip in your area... Isn't it wonderfull? I love the way it takes on the smoke flavor. Next to Ribeyes it might be one of my favorite cuts of beef... You certainly did this one justice! Girl you could cook for me ANY time! lol

Dave~

cowgirl said...

Dave it is so tasty! :) I've only cooked two of them so far. They are kind of hard to find in my area.
Heck I'd cook for you anytime!
Thanks Dave. :)