Search Feature

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pulled Pork Pizza on the Hasty Bake

I dipped into my smoked pork stash and made a pizza on the Hasty Bake Charcoal cooker the other day...

Made my dough by disolving 1 TBS of yeast into 1 cup of warm water..
then added 1 tsp of sugar
2 TBS oil
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups of flour
I kneaded until smooth and let the dough sit covered for 15 minutes.






I wanted to try the Hasty Bake Q sauce with this..



I stretched my pizza dough onto a greased pan....



added the Q sauce, smoked pork and minced scallions...




Topped with cheese and onto the Hasty Bake with the hot coal rack lowered to the "bake" position..




I watched the crust closely.. didn't want it to get too dark. When it was about as dark as I like it, I moved the pizza to the top rack, closed the hood and let the heat rotate around the pan..




added crisp crumbled bacon...



The crust was just the way I like it. :)






I loved the pulled pork pizza and will be making this again soon! :)

10 comments:

Rueben said...

Cowgirl, you are amazing and so is that pizza. You just can't buy that anywhere. I want some. It looks so delicious I can almost taste it. I definitely have got to try this one out. How do you come up with all these recipes?

Marc van der Wouw said...

Wow looks very nice...pulled pork pizza.. gonna try this for sure..thanks for sharing.

cowgirl said...

Rueben, you are so kind! Wish I cooked half as good as you. :)
I love pulled pork pizza... it's so easy to make and the extra smoky flavor from the grill pushes it over the edge for me. lol

Thanks again!! :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Marc!! Hope all is going well with you.... Good to see ya! :)

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Looking very good Cowgirl. There used to be a pizza shop around here that made the same thing. They added some cheddar jack to the cheese mix and topped with hamburger dill chips once out of the oven. Very good. Going to have to try again.

Thanks for the pics...

cowgirl said...

Thank you Bill!
The dill pickle on top sounds interesting. :) I might have to try it! I like kraut on a hamburger/onion pizza, it gives it a nice twang. lol
Thanks again. :)

tffnguy said...

I'd almost kill for some of that. I wonder how it would do in a solar oven?

cowgirl said...

Heck yeah tffnguy! I bet a solor oven would work great. Not sure how hot they get but they bake bread so it should bake the crust.
Let me know if you try it!
Thanks for stopping by too, nice to meet ya! :)

Carol said...

This looks so good, I have to read more of your blog to see how to smoke pulled pork and then make this pizza. I grill all the time and have some things mastered but usually the simple things, though trying to branch out and I just love your site.

cowgirl said...

Thank you so much Carol! Hope you give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!