Search Feature

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Bacon, Garlic, Scallion, Pepper Jack Cheese, Hickory Smoked Pull Bread





Took longer to type the title of this post than it did to put the bread together. :D

Pull bread ingredients are so versatile, you can stuff the bread with any of your favorite things. Some of mine are bacon, bacon drippings, butter, onion and garlic. The spicy cheese is a nice addition and I like good ole mozzarella for the gooey factor.


I brown some bacon, add butter to the drippings and sautee minced garlic and scallions til tender...





I used a store bought loaf of bread. Home made is way better but I didn't have time.

Scored the bread and stuffed the slits with pepper jack, mozzarella and provolone cheeses..






Spooned the tender garlic, scallions into the slits...along with the bacon drippings and butter..



Into the drum with a bit of hickory.  I foiled the bread for the first 15 minutes, then removed the foil to crisp up the bread a bit.. about 15 more minutes or until hot.







Topped with the crisp bacon and a few more scallions..





The hot bread smells SO good!!!

I tear off a piece while it's hot and gooey..







A few slices of hot bread with a glass of wine, makes a full meal for me. :)


The pepper jack adds a nice bite to the bread and I like the way the bacon drippings and butter soak into the loaf. It's hard to go wrong with bacon and cheese.

Hope everyone had a nice week. I went to Bass Pro and Academy in Ok City yesterday. Really had a nice couple of days away from home. Hit Joe's Crab Shack. That's the only place I'll eat crab legs away from home. I just haven't found other places that cook it well.. but there are probably some awesome seafood places out there. I need to explore more options.

Summer is definitely here. Hope everyone is keeping cool and safe.
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: