Search Feature

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Making Crab Rangoon

I love crab rangoon, but live in an area where it is impossible to find. I have no choice but to make my own. :)




For this batch, I used leftover crab from king crab legs. Canned crab works just as well.
I shred or chop the crab into small pieces.


Use 8 oz. of cream cheese (room temperature)

1 clove of garlic, minced

A dash of steak sauce (optional)

Also, I like to add a dash of onion powder


Mix well.....


Place about 1 tsp of the mixture in the center of a wonton skin.

Use your finger or a brush to moisten the edges with beaten egg yolk.


Fold the wonton skin over the filling and press to seal.


After all wontons skins are filled, heat your oil to fry.


Fry a few at a time until lightly golden.


Remove with a slotted spoon....let them drain on paper towels.


Serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce or duck sauce.

They make great party snacks. :)