Search Feature

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Morning Visitor

I do not advocate shooting any animal for the heck of it.....but if a bobcat, rattlesnake, coyote or any other critter feels like dining on my farm animals, I have no choice but to put em down.

This fellow showed up at my chicken coop around 11 this morning. He had been a problem since June, and live traps were tried.








I want to add...putting down any animal is one of the hardest things for me to do, I only shoot what I plan on eating.

5 comments:

Irish said...

Well the new recipe you come up with should surprise everybody over at SMF, lol.

cowgirl said...

Hi Irish,
No recipe for this one. :)

Mark said...

I know how you feel, Jeanie. Living out here I occasionally have to drop an animal when they won't stay away. Even if for a good reason, I still get this little twinge in the pit of my stomach.

Love youre blog, read it all the time!

Mark

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mark, I appreciate the kind words.
Sounds like you understand exactly how I feel....
Thanks :)

cowgirl said...

Also....thank you for reading my blog. :)