Search Feature

Friday, March 28, 2014

Homemade Canadian and Peameal Bacon





I love homemade bacon in every shape and size. It rates right up there with chocolate and garlic as one of my favorite foods. :)
If you've not made your own, do give it a try. It's easier than you think! You basically marinate a piece of meat for a week instead of marinating it overnight before smoking. The hardest part of making bacon is waiting for it to cure.

For my latest post on the Char-Broil site, I posted an easy bacon cure recipe that works well for both American Canadian style bacon and Canadian Peameal bacon.
I normally cold smoke bacon in my smokehouse but this time I hot smoked the bacon on the Char-Broil 4 burner Tru-infrared propane grill, using the smoke infuser. It worked great!!

The smoked Canadian bacon...



The Canadian Peameal bacon...




I really enjoyed this batch for some reason. Made everything from fried Peameal bacon on biscuits, to Canadian bacon pizza, to grilled bacon kabobs.









If you get the time, please check out my bacon post on the Char-Broil site , also hope you give the recipe a try!
Thanks for lookin'! :) 

6 comments:

Smoking Gun said...

Love me some Canadian Bacon! That one has some yalla stuff on it tho.;) Remember that 9 pound loin I cooked. Erain named it J LOin. Or was it you? good times Lots of good jokes that night, glad you were there to help. Your CB looks beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing!

SG

cowgirl said...

lol SG! I do remember J Loin. She was a beauty! lol Erain was the one who named her. I think that's the first and last time I've seen someone name their food. lol
You all had me laughing so hard I couldn't sleep that night. I'd close my eyes, see that loin and start laughing all over again.
That was a great night. We need to do it again. :)
Thanks for the memories SG, it's great to hear from you. (((HUGs)))
:)

Smoking Gun said...

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/p552x414/10153020_10202755677468380_231503509_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1798458_10202560296983990_2054608137_n.jpg

second one is J-LOin...lol

cowgirl said...

Darn... I can't get the photos to show up. Thanks for trying though!! :)

Smoking Gun said...

Those were facebook links, didn't know if they'd show up. Here's a link to Jloin that should work. I had forgotten how big that thing was....Baby got back! ;)

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k370/Stingray23_photos/DEC08/loinbo4.jpg

Wow time sure flies. That was 5 years ago? Jeez I'm gettin old. ;)
Got to slow down and visit my neighbor soon. xoxoxo

SG

cowgirl said...

lol I still can't get the link open. I'll keep trying.
5 years... time does fly!
I heard from Eraine.. he's doing good. :)
Hope you're having a great week so far!