Search Feature

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cold Smoked Salmon Patties

When I was a kid, my mom made these using canned salmon. I thought they were great with ketchup (everything tasted great with ketchup :)).
I've been making patties with the cold smoked salmon that I canned in the fall. No ketchup required with these. :)



the cold smoked salmon...





mixed some minced onion, one beaten egg, one jar of canned smoked salmon, and cracker crumbs.
The mix didn't need salt or pepper. The smokey flavor was enough.




then coated the patties in panko bread crumbs...



and fried in butter til brown and crisp....








I've been enjoying the heck out of this smoked salmon. I can get 4 patties from one 1/2 pint jar....that's enough for 2 meals for me.

I need to figure out a way to get more salmon next year. Maybe I'm due for a trip up north. :)

6 comments:

LindaG said...

I love salmon patties. Thank you so much for the recipe!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Linda! Hope you're having a great week. :)

David said...

So is the salmon cured before you smoked it? or cold smoked then pressure canned? Looks delicious!

cowgirl said...

Hi David!
I used a brown sugar, canning salt overnight cure. Then cold smoked for 2 hours. The canning process intensifies the smoke flavor so I went light with it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cowgirl said...

Thanks Alex!