Search Feature

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I went fishing :)

I was able to get away for a few hours this weekend to go fishin' at my favorite little spot. :)







I brought my rusty coffee can full of earth worms......



and a cold beer....

baited the other line with stink bait....

then got distracted by a flock of geese on the water.....




and a beautiful thunderstorm to my right....




the colors change as the sun goes down....




the sun setting behind me....




it was too pretty... lol I couldn't concentrate on catching fish. :)



so when I got home, I grabbed some mystery fillets out of my freezer.

rubbed them with olive oil, sprinkled with lemon pepper and grilled....










grilled my tortillas...









topped the fish taco with chipotle slaw and fresh pico de gallo....




it was a good ending to a nice day.


10 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

In the last "scene picture," I see the faintest star. Where in the world are the moon pictures? I know, you got hungry and needed to get to the house to make your fish tacos. :)
See, you didn't think I was paying attention!

Anonymous said...

Well now, looks like the start to a great spring for you.... Enjoy. Sorry its been awhile but have had lot's of things happening at work this past week.
Buddy

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Looks like a nice fish snack even if it was'nt freshly caught. I think maybe your bait was eating the fish. lol. Nice pictures Jeanie.

cowgirl said...

lol Mrs JP! You are good! :) lol
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Hey Buddy, how are you doing? Sounds like they are working you too hard. :)
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

lol Mark, you're probably right. I used some pretty mean earth worms. :)
As for your house... I vote for the balcony too. lol
Thanks Mark!

Chris said...

There's something fishy about this post......:)

cowgirl said...

:) Chris! lol

Anonymous said...

Cowgirl. This is Caveman from SMF. Who taught you how to cook & how long have you been doing it? You are fatastic with your dishes.

cowgirl said...

Hi Caveman, Thank you so much...Nice to see you!
Both of my parents were excellent cooks... I tried to pay attention to what they were doing. lol

I grew up around some pretty awesome outdoor cooking. Between my parents and the old timers in the area, there was some sort of cookout going on about every weekend. It's a great way for us country dwellers to socialize. :)
I got my first wood burner at an early age... from a guy that was trying to impress me. haha..
As for how long I've been outdoor cooking... if you count me helping my mom and dad when I was a little girl... I'd say about 25 years.

I really enjoy any form of outdoor cooking. :)

Thanks again Caveman, it's nice to see you!