Search Feature

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cherry Rubbed Venison and Dove

A smoking friend sent some homemade cherry rub for me to try.
I decided to give it a go on some smoked venison and dove.







I sprinkled some venison cubes with the dry rub and let it sit for about 30 minutes...




deboned some dove breasts and sprinkled them with the cherry rub too...







Skewered venison and dove with some onion.... then sprinkled them again with the cherry rub...




Into my drum smoker for about an hour......




I served them with a Q sauce but the sauce wasn't needed.... the cherry rubbed venison and dove were so tasty without. :)








the dove....




and cherry smoked venison...


I loved the cherry rub, hope it will be on the market soon. :)

8 comments:

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

Those look great Jeanie....think I have to find some lunch after seein this (though, it won't be anywhere near as tasty)!
Hope all is well in Okieland!! :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Gene! It's good to see ya!
I've been admiring those piggy pictures of yours. Choppy and Hammy are cute. lol
Alls fine in Okieland, hope all is well in Connecticutland too. :)

David McGuire said...

Very nice. I want some of that cherry rub. Tell him get it to market soon. You already know I am a venison and dove person. I'll take wild game over domesticated any day.

upstatefarmboy said...

That looks pretty tasty I wish dove hunting was legal where I live maybe I could do something similar with grouse, phesant,turkey or maybe even rabbit,or squirel or all of the above. I am going small game hunting in the morning.
Em......

cowgirl said...

Thanks David! When he gets that dry rub on the market I'll sure let you know. I tasted pretty good with the wild game. :)
Sure seems like I eat a lot of wild game too David.

cowgirl said...

Em, I bet it would be tasty on any wild game.
Hope you have great luck hunting! :)

Ivan of the Ozarks said...

Sexy food there love that Dove and Deer meat kabob looks good! Hi Ivan of the Ozarks here, I have a song about my
BBQ RUB. Check it out for a laugh at least!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Ivan! Nice to meet ya. :)

I'll check out the song!