Search Feature

Monday, December 1, 2008

Smoked Venison Shoulder, Chipotle Pork and Pintos

I had a house full of deer hunting friends for the week, this was one meal I made to feed the crowd. :)

I soaked my pintos over night, then placed them into the cinderblock pit to smoke for 2 hours.
The smoked pinto recipe....http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/12/hey-buds-smoked-pintos.html






I made slits in the leg of venison (shoulder)...and inserted cloves of garlic...

I used Dale's marinade on the leg, then topped with black pepper and red pepper flakes...


I combined some beef broth, onion powder, cayenne and cholula hot sauce...and injected into the pork. (this was a 10lb hunk of pork shoulder)


I rubbed the outside of the pork with some chopped chipotle peppers and lots of adobo sauce, then sprinkled with black pepper....


I used my cinderblock pit...filled the drip pans with beer and some homemade seasonings....









I covered the venison leg with some beef broth and covered it to rest for about 30 minutes...then carved it....




I heated some tortillas on the pit and everyone made their own.....
Mine had the works...venison, cheese, lettuce, salsa, pintos and pork....


It was a tasty meal, the venison tasted great. :)

No comments: