Search Feature

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Fried Potato and Smoked Ham Breakfast Fattie on the Char Broil

This was my second cook on the Char Broil infrared....from about a week or I guess it was two weeks ago. I wanted to see if it would pass the breakfast fattie test.

The same ole stuffing that I always use, I guess it's just my favorite. Fried potatoes with scallions, smoked ham, provolone and american cheese.



Filled my fattie piston....



chilled the stuffing while I rolled out the spicy sausage inside of a one gallon baggie.



cut the baggie open and topped the sausage with my fried potato filling....



rolled...



the bacon weave....





sprinkled the fattie with cracked black pepper and placed in the center of the Char Broil. I lit the outer two burners and left the center cool for indirect cooking...



brought the breakfast fattie to an internal temperature of 165F...





The sliced breakfast fattie with fried potato, minced scallion, smoked ham and cheese filling..



toasted an english muffin, topped with a slice of the fattie...



added an easy over egg and drizzled with hollandaise....



It was kinda tasty!



I was happy with the way the grill handled the fattie test. The bacon was nice and crisp...just how I like it!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I will try this for sure!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Will! Good luck with it! I hope it turns out well for you.
Thank you for stopping by too.. it's nice to meet you.

Isolated01 said...

I need to expand my fatty horizons, I have only been doing ham, cream cheese, pineapple and jalapeño Fattys. I will give yours a try this week..

cowgirl said...

Isolated01 your fatties sound great! I will give them a try. Love the cream cheese idea..
Thanks!
Also thank you for stopping by. :)

Smokin Don said...

One of the best lookin Fatties I've seen Jeanie! Nice color & great lookin breakfast! On my todo list. If you don't come up with the darndest gadgets, a Fatty Stuffer! Pretty neat! Gotta make one. If you get time check out my Smoked Cajun Crackers, I think you might like. Hope you're feeling better. Don

Anonymous said...

I've Sooooo got to try this out!!! You're cooking makes my heart race Jeanie!

Dave~

cowgirl said...

Thanks so much Don! That fattie piston is fun to use. :)
I just checked out your Smoked Cajun Crackers...they look fantastic! I need to try those for sure!
I'm tryin' to feel better...thanks :)

cowgirl said...

lol Dave, I'm glad you liked the breakfast fattie, hope you try them sometime too!
Thanks friend.. :)

Triple T said...

Hay Jeanie! I have missed you the last few days! I never thought I would be saying that to a person i've never met. I also would like to thank you again for sharing your life with us! The fattie looks wonderfull I'll be trying one for sure! Hope your feeling better!! Have a blessed day! Your friend Mark:)

cowgirl said...

Mark I have missed you too. It's nice to be back home. Thank you so much (((HUG)))

Mark R said...

Very nice Cowgirl. I do the same thing with my ancient CharBroiler but I put a stick of oak over the hot burner for a little smoke. Love that fatty piston!


Mark R

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

Glad you are back... First tiem I'v ever said to a girl, "Nice fattie!" ;-)

cowgirl said...

Mark a nice oak smoke sounds wonderful! :)
The piston was easy to make..and kind of fun to use. :)
Thanks Mark, hope you have a great weekend!

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks David!!

galensmark said...

Sweet Lady, Where did you get the rack with aluminum drip pan?

cowgirl said...

Galensmark, So sorry it took this long to see your question!! For some reason, I'm not getting my notifications when posts are made.
I just set one of those inexpensive wire sheets/racks over an aluminum pan. I get them at the grocery store and they are around $1 each.
Hope you're having a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by!