Search Feature

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Beef Cheek Tacos on the Comal




Been awhile since I got the comal out for a taco cook. It's so handy to use, I cook in the center and keep the food warm around the side til time to eat.

I use my fancy cooker, set a ring in the center to hold the comal steady.



I started with some onions.... I add a bit of oil to the top of the comal, the fry the onions..





Scooted the onions to the side and fried some peppers....


next came scallions and jalapenos...


then the beef cheek meat...


I  prepare the beef cheek meat in advance and keep in bagged and in the freezer for quick get togethers. I simmer the cheek meat with beef stock, onions, garlic, seasoned salt, onion powder, til tender. Then shred. 


Next came two batches of shrimp...
I just coated the shrimp in olive oil and seasoned well with coarse salt and cracked black pepper...









Lastly, the tortillas. I like small corn tortillas for this.






Add fixin's and supper is ready!


I had to go for one of each. Shrimp taco and a beef cheek taco...








Served with cold beer and plenty of napkins!

It was a beautiful evening...
We finished eating just as the storms rolled in.
Hope everyone is staying safe from the flooding and tornadoes!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: