Search Feature

Thursday, July 16, 2015

More Campfire Surf n Turf




Another steak and crab leg cook at the lake. This is my favorite meal no matter if I'm at home or camping. I love crab legs and ribeyes!

Started a few logs of wood in the tractor tire rim...



This time I made a skillet of potatoes, onions, cooked bacon, minced garlic....then layered with flour, salt and pepper and cheese.
Poured milk over top, and let it thicken as it cooked.
I filled the skillet too full of tatoes and it bubbled over while on the fire. Made a mess but they came out tasty. (I should measure stuff instead of guessing)








Next came a skillet of mushrooms and garlic in butter.
Also heated a little pan of garlic butter...



Then the ribeye steaks, drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper..





Then I add the crab legs....




















Had a great time camping and even caught several fish. Loved the skillet of potatoes even though they simmered over and made a mess. I'll make em again...


Hope summer is treating everyone well!  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! That looks freaking gorgeous!

cowgirl said...

Hey Rolf, thank you, good to see you!! Hope all is well in Germany.
I need to check out your latest camp photos. Bet you've been cooking up some wonderful stuff. :)
Sending many (((HUGS))) your way!

cjbstar said...

Hey cowgirl, good to see you posting a little more often. I always pick up some ideas from your menus, sure enjoy your posts. Summer has been nice, didn't get the 100 degree weather until recently. My family loves your homemade biscuits recipe. Sorry to hear about the loss in your family, that's never an easy thing.

cowgirl said...

It's great to see you!! I'm hoping to post more often. Life keeps getting in the way. lol
Glad to hear your summer has been nice. We actually have had a bit of rain. I'm loving it.
Great that the biscuits are working out for you!
Thanks so much for stopping by. It's nice to hear from you. :)