Search Feature

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Red Angus Chuck on Beer Bread




One of the benefits of living in beef country,  I'm surrounded by generous friends who are willing to share what they raise. In this case, some fresh Red Angus beef from a neighboring ranch. I raise Black Angus and love it but Red Angus ain't half bad. :)

Seasoned some Red Angus chuck with Big Poppa's Little Louie's Rub, then into the drum...



After catching smoke for 2 hours, I added onions and beef stock then foiled and let it go until tender...



Added a skillet of beer bread...

I mix 3 cups of self rising flour with
1/4 cup of sugar
a bit of salt
mixed with one beer







made a smokey cheese disc...





Started the build... Smoked chuck...


 caramelized onions...



crisp bacon...



my smokey cheese disc...



lettuce and maters...



slathered the lid with a horseradish sauce and called er good.









One of my favorite sandwiches! The Red Angus was tasty, I'll never admit (out loud) that it was as good as my Black Angus though. :)

13 comments:

Connie said...

Yum! I have some pulled pork left from last weekends picnic. I have got to try your beer bread to go with it. That looks amazing:)

Jim Dorchak said...

I am a polled Hereford man myself. Kind of like the FORD /CHEV thing...
But I never let my likes get in the way of my Likes. Especially when it comes to good meat.
How is the deck coming along? I am almost done with mine here in Chile. All I have left is the Ramp. I hate stairs and refuse to build them or put them on my deck.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Connie! Hope you have great luck with it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

cowgirl said...

Jim I like Herefords too. :)
Right now Black cattle are bringing in the most money...but to me, both are good eatin'.
Great idea on the ramp. My deck progress slowed down. Spent yesterday with a downed heifer, had to pull her calf. The outcome wasn't good. The momma made it but it's still touch and go for her.
Good luck with your deck building too! :)

Jim Dorchak said...

What do you put in the horseradish sauce? Other than the obvious?
You know on the ramp thing, I just can not stand stairs in my older age (too many bails of hay picked up with my back/neck) and you know there is not a good reason to do stairs!
On the Calf thingey, I have pulled some bad ones over the years and had a prolapse event on one which was not fun at all and we eventually made hamburger out of that one. Slow and constant pressure or pulling is what I found works. We had a neighbor who had the "YANK em and Thank em" attitude which made for a lot of dead calves and cows. I had to stop working with him because of his poor treatment of the stock. Good luck. Jim

Ralphy said...

Yummy! Looks great!

Gettin' any rain out there? Things greening up?

Unknown said...

Darlin you still knock it out of the park everytime!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Jim, I used mayo, horseradish, onion, garlic powder (think I put that in everything lol) Minced onion and I think some cayenne. It wasn't fancy.
I hear ya on the cattle. I treat mine like kings and queens. :)
Good luck with your deck!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ralphy! Getting green around here and lots of rain. I'm loving it. Hope things are well your way too. Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

Sterling, thanks! It's the Big Poppa drum that does all of the work. I love that cooker! Everything comes out perfect.
Thanks so much for stopping by, good to see ya Smokin' Pal. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

That's one heck of a sandwich! My wife likes the red angus better because she thinks they look cuter, lol.

cowgirl said...

Chris, thanks! I think I agree with your wife. :)