Search Feature

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crab Stuffed Salmon on the Hasty Bake



I've discovered that the only thing better than a filet of salmon stuffed with crab... is a whole side of salmon stuffed with crab. :) I wanted to make potato topped salmon but due to complicated matters, I went for the crab stuffing again.

 

I trimmed the side....

 

made slits for lemon slices..

 

mixed some crab meat, scallions, onions, minced garlic, coarse salt and lemon pepper..

 

cut more slits in the salmon for the crab stuffing...

 

drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon pepper...

 

Then onto the Hasty Bake...

 

also made a bowl of smoked rice... I use chicken stock and minced onions in the rice.

 





I watched for juices on the top of the salmon, the whole cook took about 45 minutes..

 





It was sooo tasty! :)

 

I'm not sure if or when I will be able to make the potato topped salmon but this was a nice substitute.


9 comments:

Sid said...

Another one I'll have to try! Salmon, crab, a touch of smoke, you can't go wrong. A. Chris

cowgirl said...

Thanks Chris! :) It's becoming one of my favorites. Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Old Smoke said...

Here I sit with a full belly after dining (about an 1 1/2 hours ago)on a London broil, corn on the cob, and peppers, squash and onions, that I cooked on the BGE.

NOW! I'm drooling, thinking that I need some of your stuffed salmon...:) lol

Good looking supper! Bet it was tasty!
Have a good week....

Rocco said...

i smoke salmon all the time, and it is the best way to cook it, just salt & pepper and smoke!

cowgirl said...

Dang Rick that sounds really good. I'd trade ya a plate full!
Hope you are having a great week.. Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Salt pepper and smoke...sounds like a good combo Rocco! I've been on a salmon kick lately, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Laars said...

Have you ever tried to butterfly the fillet, the fill it with the crab stuffing?

Laars said...

Have you ever tried to butterfly the fillet, then fill it with the crab stuffing?

cowgirl said...

Hi Laars! I have not tried that. It sounds wonderful!
Thank you for the idea and thank you for stopping by my blog. :)