Search Feature

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quick Cured Porkchops with Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffing on the Grill

Not long ago I was invited to join the Char-Broil Live site as one of their guest posters.
This was my second contribution to their site...quick cured pork chops stuffed with jalapeno cornbread.
The post..Char-Broil Live

I added minced jalapenos, whole kernals of corn and minced scallions to batch of cornbread...



Quick cured some thick chops with tenderquick, then stuffed and grilled...





They were sooooo tasty. One of my favorite ways to make chops.



I know that there are a lot of great chefs and cooks on the Char-Broil Live site that put out some amazing food! Sometimes I feel a bit like I'm dog paddling in the middle of the pool while the big dogs race past me.... but it's been fun. lol ...and the Char-Broil folks are so nice!
If you get the time, please take a peek at my post .
Thanks! :)



I'm adding this cornbread recipe to the post..
My favorite cornbread recipe is the one on the Quaker Corn Meal box
I just modify it a little to suit my tastebuds.

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 egg (beaten)
you can add sugar.. up to 3/4 cup.
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/4 cup minced onions
1 cup whole kernals of corn (grilled corn is great too)
minced jalapenos (as many as you like)

I warm the oil in a 10" cast iron skillet, mix the dry ingredients first then the wet...adding the corn, onions and jalapenos last. Pour the warmed oil into the batter and mix well.
Then pour all back into the skillet, bake at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes.

I have been baking my cornbread on the Memphis Pro.. I love the added touch of smoke.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I checked out your post like u asked us to.....DANG IT!!! Those are some great looking chops Cowchick! Nice with the tenderquick. A must try. Miss you!!

wannabe chef said...

You owe me a new keyboard young lady I just drooled all over this one that looks so good I will have to do this asap.

cowgirl said...

Hey Mr D! How have you been? Miss seeing you too!
Hope all is well in your area... are you ready for deer season?
Better stock up on jerky. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Wannabe chef! I'll get that keyboard in the mail to ya. :)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOL Picture you dog paddling....the reason those other "chefs" race by is to get to your side before all the good food is gone. Your blog kills the other peoples. Now about that cold smoking, I'm gonna do some of that with my dad this winter. Love to pick your knowledge about a smokehouse when you have time.

notbobvilla said...

That last comment was mine hit publish before completing.

Chris said...

Stuffed pork chops are amazingly good but I've never made them with a corn bread stuffing before, that rocks.

cowgirl said...

lol NotBob...Thanks, You are so kind! (((HUG))):)
I'm definately just a country cook.
That's great about you and your Dad cold smoking. I'd be happy to help or visit with you about it!
Hope you're having a great weekend!

cowgirl said...

Hey Chris, Thanks! It's good to see ya. :)

Gayle said...

This looks great! Would you share your cornbread recipe? I'm looking for a good one-
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Gayle! I will post the cornbread recipe. I should have included it in this post! :)

Marc van der Wouw said...

Great looking corn bread...never had it before but it's on my to do list;-)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Marc! I was kind of raised eating cornbread. Hope you try it sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding the cornbread recipe!

cowgirl said...

You're sure welcome Lulaharp... Hope it works out well for you!