Search Feature

Monday, October 24, 2011

More Beef Cheek Tacos with Sriracha Sauce on my Fancy Cooker

Kind friend Tristan gave me the heads up about a hot sauce that I had not tried... Sriracha Hot Sauce. (Thanks again Tristan!:))
I was able to find the sauce this weekend and gave it a taste test on some beef cheek tacos.

How I cook the beef cheeks .

I used the fancy cooker ( a section of pipe with rebar legs, expanded metal top and the burner from an old hot water heater).



Heated a few onions and peppers in the pan...





When the veggies were ready I added the beef cheek meat....





Then warmed the tortillas on the side.

This was self serve style, grabbed a paper towel, tortilla, meat and headed for the hot sauce...



I wasn't sure if the Sriracha would be too hot for me. I'm not a hot hot sauce person.... but it was great! Had some heat to it but also had a nice "chili" flavor that I liked.



I tried a second one with Cholula Chili Garlic and Hula Girl Jalapeno....they were not as hot as the Sriracha but were tasty too.



Thanks again Tristan, the Sriracha was great....I owe ya!

18 comments:

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

BIG fan of the rooster! Surprised you hadn't tried it. Hope things are going good for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty! Don't think I'll find beef cheeks around here anytime soon but the Sriracha I've been using in Pad Thai(or however it's spelled) for some time now. Your right, nice flavor without the smokin' heat. Another Chris

cowgirl said...

Hey David, I really liked the sauce. I'm a big fan now too. :)

cowgirl said...

Dang... I bet that Pad Thai is good stuff Chris. Wish I could find some around here. Let me know if you have a recipe please! I loved the sauce.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Try Googling "Obsessive Chef pad thai" and you'll get a recipe that's both easy and pretty tasty.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds fantastic. This was my first visit to your blog, so I took some extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

cowgirl said...

Thanks Kirby!!
I appreciate that! :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you so much Mary! It's nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by too! :)

Anonymous said...

It great stuff isn't it! I use this stuff on just about everything I want hot sauce on. I'm kinda surprised you hadn't heard of it before...I'll bet it will be a staple in your pantry now though. Hmmmm... Thanks Jeanie, I have to go find me some tacos now! lol

Dave~

cowgirl said...

Thanks Dave! I have not really investigated hot sauces much. I'm not a fan of hot hot stuff. This sauce was great.. loved the chili flavor.
Hope you had a nice weekend! :)

Big Dude said...

Good looking meal Jeanie - a little Sriracha goes a long way for me.

Mike said...

Love love love Sriracha! Mmmm. It's awesome on chicken.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! I wasn't sure if the sauce would be too hot for me... I liked it. :)

cowgirl said...

Hey Mike thanks! I'll try it on chicken. :)
Good to see you posting again!

Ross in Ventura said...

Thats something I should try, looks fantastic Jeanie

Ross

cowgirl said...

Thank you Ross! It's good to see ya. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. :)

wannabe chef said...

Looks great I gotta make me a fancy cooker like that ;)

cowgirl said...

:) Thanks Wannabe Chef, the cooker comes in real handy. :)