Search Feature

Monday, January 24, 2011

Stuffed Anaheims and Spanish Rice

These were almost hard for me to make... I love rellenos and wanted to dunk these babies in batter and fry em, but I resisted.

For the filling I minced some green onion, grated a bit of asadero cheese and shredded a little smoked chuck.



I blistered, peeled and seeded the anaheims, then stuffed and wrapped them in bacon...



onto the smoker...




while the peppers smoked I cooked minced onion, garlic and bell pepper in oil...




added rice...




used azafran mainly for color...




added chicken stock, paprika, cayenne, tomatoes...then checked for salt and pepper. I let this simmer until the rice absorbed the broth and spices.







.










These were sooooo good! Some of the peppers were kinda spicy but I loved them.



Best thing......... I made so many of them, they lasted all weekend. :)

15 comments:

David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You continue to impress! I like that you use the spices from the inexpensive ethnic market.

cowgirl said...

:) Thanks David!
The spices worked just fine for me. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you klimt, Your site looks very interesting! Thanks for coming by! :)

Big Dude said...

Delicious looking meal Jeanie - kind of a giant ABT.

Marc van der Wouw said...

Wow looks very good...thanks for sharing;-)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! It is like an abt isn't it... :)
I think last time I made these I used a sausage mixture in the stuffing. Heck, you could use anything. :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you so much Marc, hope you are doing well...

atexx2 said...

Those look totally amazing

cowgirl said...

Thank you atexx2! Hope you give them a try sometime... the fillings are really endless.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

Mrs. JP said...

Again, yum.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP! :)

Ohiofarmgirl said...

*grabs husband, shaking his arm*
THEY ARE WRAPPED IN BACON!

*both drool*

cowgirl said...

lol Ohiofarmgirl! I can tell you are a bacon fanatic just like me! lol
Thanks

pid said...

looks so very delightful! what's that mesh thing on the smoker grate? that looks very useful.

pid

cowgirl said...

Thank you Pid!
That's called a Frogmat. I got it from the Big Poppa Smokers site.
This was the first time I've used it...it works nice. Keeps delicate food from falling through the grate and food doesn't stick to it.

It's for indirect heat only, no direct flame underneath.

I think it will be great for fish too!

Thanks again Pid! :)