Search Feature

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just a few pics....

These were taken a few days before Thanksgiving and deer season.
I was on my way over to a friend's ranch for a visit and took the back road...
Okay all of the roads around here are back roads. lol

A nice gathering of deer spending the afternoon on someone's patch of wheat...







a few turkey lounging close to my favorite low water bridge...








I enjoy skipping rocks in the creek. :)



I thought it was fate that the deer were right out in the open before Thanksgiving and deer season, but I never did go back to see if they were still hanging around.

Guess they know when opening day is too. :)

8 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Hey, we know how you feel about all the roads being back roads. Isn't it great?
I think it's so funny because it seems like the deer all come over to our place during hunting season. What's that deal? Do they read the "no trespassing" signs?

LindaG said...

I am a tiny bit envious. I would LOVE to live where you live.

Thanks for sharing that with us. :-)

cowgirl said...

lol Mrs JP, the deer are lucky to have your place to hide. :)

cowgirl said...

Linda it's not all that nice.. the winters can be brutal and the summers are hot and windy..then there are the tornadoes. lol
I like it here though.
Thanks!! :)

LindaG said...

We lived in Nebraska for about 4 years. I understand the weather. :-)
Having all those back roads around us would have made it better!

You're welcome. :-)

cowgirl said...

lol Then you definately know what the weather is like Linda.. I know Nebraska gets some harsh stuff too! :)
Hope you have a great weekend!

drholly said...

I always enjoy watching the workd through your eyes, jeanine...
D

cowgirl said...

Thanks David! :)
Hope 2011 is going well for you!