Search Feature

Sunday, January 20, 2019

I call these Spicy Italian Smashburgers..




I make smashburgers on the Blackstone griddle fairly often but wanted to try something different. This recipe belongs to my sweet friend. (If you see this, Thank you for sharing)
You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of spicy Italian sausage you use.

I went with 1/4th spicy Italian sausage, 1/4th mild Italian sausage and 1/2 ground chuck..


tossed into a baggie to smoosh around and blend...


I make large balls of the burger mixture...





then use my "smasher" to press the burgers flat...
The idea is to get as much "crust" on the burgers as possible.







I added a bit of sriracha sauce.. you can leave this off for a milder burger.


Sliced some mild pepperoncini for topping...






Topped the burgers with pepperoncini and slivered onions..


toasted some buns...


Then topped some of the burgers with blue cheese and the other two burgers with mozzarella..





Covered to melt the cheese a bit...






Topped with buns and called er good.






I really liked these! The Italian sausage was just spicy enough to give the burgers good flavor and juice, but not too spicy for me. I hadn't tasted a burger with blue cheese before, not sure why I've avoided it but will use it in the future! Since making these burgers, I've been slapping pepperoncini on many things. lol I love the mild ones!

It used to go against my nature to actually smash a burger, but the crust you get on the griddle is amazing. I like these better than grilled burgers.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Stay warm!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Rob said...

At the Horseshoe Cafe in Benson AZ I had their Horseshoe burger. A good sized slab of cream cheese and sliced jalapenos on the meat.
I'd never had cream cheese on a burger before, it was great!

If you're looking for something different next burger...

Peggy said...

Those look delicious, especially on a cold Winter day when
we're snowed/iced in doors. Can't complain too much we've
had almost no snow so far this Fall/Winter.
Glad to see your posting again...miss those.
Peg

cowgirl said...

Rob, those burgers sound delicious!! I love cream cheese. Will definitely give this a try. Thanks so much!!

cowgirl said...

Great to see you Peg! I hope the snow and ice aren't a problem for you. I know how dangerous it can get when everything is iced over. Keep safe!
Thank you for the kind comment!

Dale Holland said...

I like it. Will use some of your ideas.
I make onion smash burgers.
Slice and salt onions for 20 min.
Wring out moisture in towel.
Dump on Hot griddle.
Top with burger balls.
Smash uaing 2 spatulas, one pushing down on other.
Cook and smash 4 min.
Flip.
Cook and smash 1 min with cheese.
Done.

keith said...

Wow!!!!!....you even make burgers a work of art!!!!.....Delish looking!

Keith Boutwell

cowgirl said...

Dale, that sounds delicious! Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Keith! Hope all is going well on your end of the world. Good to see ya! :)