Search Feature

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meyer Metal Works and My New UDS Custom Grate

I've mentioned talented friend Matt of Meyer Metal Works in the past. A few weeks ago Matt made a custom grate for my drum and I couldn't be happier with it!  I've been too busy to take pics and "show off" the new grate but finally.... here it is! :)

 My drum...(How I built it if anyone is interested)




The new custom grate, inspired by my Sittin' by the campfire in my favorite chair pic








                           











The grate is heavy duty, made from 3/16" thick steel. The handles on this sucker are heavy duty too. It should last me a lifetime!  I know it will outlast the drum, and when this drum wears out I'll just use the grate in a  new one. :)

Not sure if you will see this but if you do, Thanks Matt!! Can't say enough about how much I love this grate. You do excellent work!!


20 comments:

LindaG said...

How awesome. Congratulations! What a great gift. :o)

Sid said...

That's awesome. The guy does some good work.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

That grate is a beauty Jeanie, That Matt does some fantastic work. I checked out your drum smoker too again. Sometime when I don't have so much stuff on the go, I want to build some kind of smoker, maybe that will be the one.

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Very nice Jeanie. Almost to nice to use... ;)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Linda! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

cowgirl said...

Thank you Chris! He did a nice job on it, wish I had that kind of talent.
Hope you have a nice weekend too! :)

cowgirl said...

Mark thanks! With your talent it would take no time at all to put a drum cooker together. You probably have the spare parts that you need laying around too! :)
Looks like you have been getting a lot done at your place, it looks great!
Hope you have a nice weekend too. :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Bill! That's the way I felt about it too. :)
Hope all is well with you, have a great weekend!

cookin willie said...

That is way cool cowgirl. I looks as if they used a laser to cut it out of the steal. My best friend works for a local company here that builds power station and stuff for the mines. Anyway his job day in and day out is to run the laser and cut all the panels out so they can weld them up. His company makes some really cool stuff on their spare time. I will have to post some of it on my blog.

pid said...

very cool! where's the "mine" coozie? just kidding, that would have been real difficult detail work. i bet you'll get years of memories from that grate.

pid

Big Dude said...

That is really special and he did a great job of capturing you.

JazzCat said...

That is lookin' Spectacular Jeanie!!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Willie! I wish I knew how to use a laser....also wish I could weld better. lol
I'll keep an eye out for posts on your blog Thanks again!

cowgirl said...

lol Pid that would be fun! I usually have that "mine" koozie with me when camping.
I really love this new grate, Matt did a nice job.
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! Matt is pretty talented. :)

cowgirl said...

Hey JazzCat, how have you been? Hope all is well with ya. :)
Thanks!

Nick said...

That grate is very cool Jeanie. You weren't kidding about your friend Matt. That is some beautiful work.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Nick! Matt did a great job on this.
Good to see you Nick, hope all is well with ya. Thanks for stopping by! :)

David said...

Way Cool!

cowgirl said...

Thanks David!! I really like the grate. Matt does nice work! :)